Standards, standards, standards
I believe I mentioned the point about setting standards and sticking to them in another post. Well, the thing is, it is paramount to have them in the first place, but they are only as good as your stamina. Sticking to them is essential or what is the point of having them in the first place?
Having standards can range from relationships and how people treat you, to how you want to live or travel, to how you behave and carry yourself, the list can go on and on. I for my part have defined certain standards, not many and when it came to sticking to them forget it. Let’s put it that way I was very lenient and they were very rubbery, which has led to me betraying myself, my beliefs and subsequently hurting myself or causing myself pain in the process. In this challenge and my want to upmarket myself and find someone genuine who will treat me right, I have decided to overthink my standards and define them new, as well as vowing to stick to them.
Sticking to them is essiential or what is the point of having them in the first place?
To be able to define what your standards are you need to know where you want to go and what you want in life. You need a clear idea of what you want to attract or else it will all be in vain.
Goals, standards and getting there
I have compiled a list of work that entails all the tasks required pre- and post when it comes to defining your standards and succeeding in whatever it is you desire:
- Define what you want to achieve and where you want to go –> Your Goal
- Make a plan, map out or think of what task or changes can lead to helping you achieve your goal.
- Implement the necessary changes and keep repeating them till they have become a habit –> Use reminders (lists, post-its)
- Stick to your track for yourself and do not drop the defined standard or let yourself be deviated by other people and their ideas –> You know best!
I have decided for myself that these are the things I want to ammend so I have started to implement them and am currently training, so that they become natural habits of mine.
Be more upmarket:
- Use the good old manners my mom thaught me, so say please and thank you
- Use hand written notes in Whatsapp, e.g. for thank you notes, love notes, etc.
- Stand straight and walk straight not like a slouchy patatoe (Word of wisdom from my Ballet Teacher)
- Do things with contenance, elegance and grace, stop fretting about things
- Be polite even to rude people, they get even angrier which is quite amusing
- Dress to impress, try to look stylish at all times
Being treated like a lady and with respect:
- If you want to be treated like a lady, carry yourself like one
- Do not lower your standards or be talked into things by men
- Let them travel to you, let them put in the effort, make them work for it, i.e. chase you
- Make your point clear. You will only accept being treated like a lady and stand your ground if they do not.
Those are the changes that I have chosen to implement to get where I want to go. Fishing for a guy with style who is sophisticated, educated, cultured, intelligent, passionate, loyal and kind.
Good luck with your standards and your goals may you achieve what you wanted!