After months of bad people including false friends, I have disposed of all the negativity. I have come to see clearly who my true friends are and who my foe is. Yes, I still weigh 10kgs too much and I am still single, but guess what I am young, free and single, but most importantly happy with myself and my life.
Life is about striving for high goals not always reaching them but excelling and growing beyond yourself. The only race you are leading is the one with yourself. Ignore the people to your left and your right, ignore the bad influences, ignore the negative people. You need to live your best life and be the best version of yourself for yourself and nobody else.
As much as we do not like to acknowledge it but everything in life has an expiry or transformation date. There is no point in wasting time and worrying about things you cannot change and the things you can, why waste time pondering instead of doing?
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.
- You cannot control everything that happens to you, but you CAN control the way you respond. Yes, most of your stress comes directly from the way you think and act, not the way life is. Adjust your mindset and life will gain in simplicity.
- Don’t bother worrying about whether there will be problems. Negativity only attracts negativity. Stop focussing on the bad. There will be plenty of things that will go wrong, and you will work your way through every one of them.
- If you focus too much on the future and ponder too long about your past, you will completely miss what is right in front of you. Worrying is a misuse of your incredible creative energy. Instead of envisioning the worst, imagine the best and focus on achieving it.
- Today is a choice. Today, choose grace over impatience, beauty over negativity, and presence over panic.
- There is absolutely nothing about your present situation – even the aspects you cannot control – that prevents you from progressing.
- Let go of what is wrong and focus on what is right. Make things happen and let things happen. Learn, accept, explore, create and experience, every single day, one step at a time.
- Keep being mindful and breathing deeply. Things will be okay if you make the best out of what you are handed.
As for the negative people I give them max 10 minutes and then get on with it. I am trying to care for the right people instead of everybody. My time is valuable and I have learnt to use it wisely.
5 Rules of Happiness:
- Don’t Hate
- Don’t Worry
- Give More
- Expect Less
- Live Simply